Valero Energy Foundation and Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi Coastal Bend Regional Science Fair
Note: Projects may enter the regional fair only after being selected in a prior science fair to represent a school or district at regionals. The project registration link is not publicly available. Please get this link from your local school representative or district coordinator.
While teachers will be available to advise students, the initiative and responsibility belongs to the student.
Plagiarism, scientific fraud, and misconduct are not condoned at any level of competition. Projects that are fraudulent or are plagiarized will fail to qualify for competition in local fairs and in the the regional fair.
Information for all participants
- Individual project registration can only happen after your district has registered. After the district has registered, the regional science fair will provide the district with the project registration link. In most cases, teachers or a school designee should register projects.
- 2019 Schedule (pdf)
- Project Divisions & Categories (pdf)
- Judging Criteria (pdf)
- Team entries: In recognition of the value of teamwork, group entries can be entered in the science fair if they follow these guidelines:
- Groups may not exceed three members
- Judging criteria for group entries will be the same as for individual entries and only one award will be presented to the group
- Group entries will compete with individual entries in the same grade level
Grades K-5 Specific Information
Grades 6-12 Specific Information
Ideas for getting started & organized