Coastal Bend Regional Science Fair
- Establish a school SBR/IRB committee for grades 6-12. The IRB information document (pdf) provides guidance.
- Please plan your school/district science fair to allow time to register the selected projects online and to submit the required documents to the Regional Science Fair office prior to the project registration deadline of Friday, January 29, 2016.
Each district may have individual as well as team entries. To choose their entries, schools/districts are responsible for holding a preliminary contest to determine which students will advance to the regional science fair. For middle school and high school, alternate means of eligibility may be determined by the district.
Register Your District by December 9, 2016
Visit the registration page for instructions based on grade level.
The educator is the key individual in a science fair. Every educator involved in the Regional Science Fair should assume the following responsibilities:
- Serve as an advisor to the students
- Recognize the importance of active student involvement
- Be available when needed
- Respect the student's ideas and intelligence
- Encourage students to follow up on their ideas
- Be generous with praise and enthusiasm
- Contact interested scientists or professionals for special equipment or resources as needed
- See that the exhibits arrive on time and that all exhibits are removed from the display area at the designated time following the Science Fair
Most importantly educators must understand that this type of activity gives the students a tremendous educational experience and may help them start thinking about future careers.