Awards & Recognition
Valero Energy Foundation and Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi Coastal Bend Regional Science Fair
- Every student will receive a participation ribbon.
- Each individual team member will receive a participation ribbon.
- Fair or special awards will be awarded as a whole to the team (rather to each individual in the team).
- All team members should be present during judging, with each member able to explain the project and results completely and accurately.
- 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place projects in grades 6-12 advance to the Texas State Science and Engineering Fair in College Station, TX March 29-30, 2019.
- The top 10% of grade 6-8 projects will be invited to submit their project abstracts to Broadcom MASTERS.
- The top individual project and the top team project advance to the Intel ISEF (international science fair) May 2019 in Phoenix, AZ.
- Special awards are sponsored by community and professional groups, non-profit organizations, and businesses. The special award sponsor determines the criteria for judging based on the specialized interests of the sponsoring organization.
- One school district will win a district science fair award.
For judging criteria, please see our judging page